Large Conference Room at OSU Extension Service in Dallas, OR
289 E Ellendale Ave Suite 301 Dallas OR 97338
This is the first installation of a two-part course to familiarize agricultural producers with how to integrate beneficial insects and biological pest management into their operation.
- The first course will include presentations and activities to introduce the concepts and practices while providing resources for further information.
- The second workshop will be held in the summer at a field site showcasing the practices for enhancing beneficial insects.
Attendees of the course will receive a copy of Farming with Native Beneficial Insects from the Xerxes Society, a hand lens, insect identification field guides, and other valuable tools for applying biological pest management to their operation.
An application for Pesticide Recertification Course Credits has been submitted to the Oregon Department of Agriculture. Limited to first 25 attendees, and registration for first workshop closes Friday January 6th 2017.
- 09:30 Registration
- 10:00 Opening remarks
- 10:15 Introduction to beneficial insects & practices to enhance their presence
- 11:15 Financial assistance from NRCS for practices
- 12:00 Break for luncheon
- 1:00 Identifying key pests and beneficial insects for Willamette Valley Crops
- 2:00 Matching damage to the problem
- 3:00 Wrap-up